Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Practically Paleo

What I learned mainly from the juice week of hell is that not everything I eat makes me feel bad. Up until now, I thought I had a bad reaction to all foods. There was a time where I thought it was because of the amount I was consuming, but ever since my cousin's cruise, I have been eating significantly less. There is such thing as eating too much, and I reached that limit during those seven days out on sea. Ordering a couple of main courses in one sitting will do that to you.

The next step now is figuring out exactly what foods is in the way of me fully enjoying a meal. Knowing dairy is a culprit and suspecting gluten is its partner, I decided I need to try to cut out both. Based on a recommendation from my cuz, I have been trying to cook based on the book, "Practical Paleo".

The next few days is when you'll see where I have been spending too much money on groceries. I had to come to terms that 10 for $3 on meat is good deal for no one's body.

Grilled Garlic Flank Steak with Peppers and Onions, Baked Beets with Fennel.
I do not enjoy beets or fennel, but I've agreed to myself that I would try anything in the book. Nuts is where I draw the line. I will cook them, but you can never make me eat you, you waste of space almond!!!



Leave a Reply